May 15, 2015
- Freeze-Damaged Winter Wheat in the Panhandle including management options.
- Assessing Freeze Injury to Wheat
- Differentiating Symptoms of Soilborne Diseases from Winter Injury in Wheat
- Severity of Wheat Diseases and Risk of Fusarium Head Blight Increasing
- UNL Wheat Plot Tours Scheduled for June
- Corn, 76% Planted; Soybean, 25%
- Nebraska Wheat Crop Down 18% from 2014
Soil Fertility Management
Stored Grain Management
IANR & Extension
- Modes of Action and Resistance Action. What are they and why is rotating them critical to resistance management.
- Wait for Better Conditions Before Heading Out on Wet Soils
- Avoid Planting Too Shallow
- Central Seed Hopper Planters May Need More Weight to Achieve Proper Seeding Depth
- Potential N Loss after Heavy Rains
- Tips for Applying Soil Residual Herbicides after Corn Emergence
- DiFlexx™: A New Dicamba-Based Corn Herbicide
- Keep Stored Grain Cool and Dry this Summer. What to check and when to aerate so grain doesn't go out of condition.
- Irrigation Management Tools and Cost-Share Programs. Soil moisture sensors can help you reduce input costs and water use, plus many NRDs provide cost assistance.
- Soil Moisture Update May 5, 2015
- Wet Weather Emergency Holding Pond Management
- Market Journal on corn scouting for diseases and insects, how Japan utilizes Nebraska grains, market analysis, and the forecast for the next week.
- Plan, Track On-Farm Research With New UNL Mobile App
- Reminder: Extension Offers Tractor Safety Course for Teens beginning May 27
- Annie's Project Course on Farm Transition Planning
Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- UNL Extension Impact Report
- Beef Systems
- 4-H Impact Report
- The Learning Child
- Guardianship / Conservator Training Program
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Crop / Plant Science - Youth Education
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water, Climate & Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- Nebraska Broadband Initiative
- Entrepreneurial Communities
- ESI and Beyond
Provides current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis; weather, climate, and soil moisture updates; practical advice from seasoned, working producers; and more.
View entire episodes or search for answers to your plant, yard, and insect problems. Watch Backyard Farmer live on NET1 April to mid September (Thursday, 7:00 pm CT).
Audio and video interviews with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension specialists and educators on topics ranging from crop and livestock production to health and nutrition to lawn and garden care, and more.